1 no Cod fillet pinned and skin removed MSC certified
1 no Kohlrabi medium Sourced from organic and sustainable supplier
1 no Carrot
½ no Lemon
Salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
30 ml White cooking wine
30 ml Olive oil
5gm Caster Sugar
15gm Vegan butter
15gm Doves farm Gluten free flour
½ tsp Chopped Parsley
130 ml Vegetable stock
Pea shoots for garnish
– Peel and cut kohlrabi in half and steam for 10 minutes. Season the kohrabi and drizzle with teaspoon of olive oil. Roast in oven for 40 minutes at 160 °C.
– Peel and cut carrot lengthwise in half. Steam for 5 minutes and then roast in oven with olive oil, caster sugar, salt and lemon juice.
– Marinate cod fillet with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
– Make a veloute sauce with butter, flour, white wine and vegetable stock. Add chopped parsley. Keep warm.
– Cook the cod in oven at 175°C for 5-6 minutes.
– Arrange on plate as in picture and garnish with fresh pea shoots.