360g Montezuma white chocolate
252g Riverford farm dairy butter
325g Billingtons organic sugar
350g organic “Orchard farm” eggs
225g Stoats Devon white flour
15g Cornish sea salt
This warm pudding recipe is a favourite at all our outlets… and stays on our menu most of the year. We change its accompaniments depending what’s in season. The recipe uses organic eggs from the Teign valley, flour milled in the traditional way in Mid Devon and utilizes dairy from the organic pastures of Riverford farm. Add salt from Cornwall and Montezuma British chocolate… it makes a perfect combination.
1. Melt butter over a low heat
2. Burn 175g sugar to 216 0C in a thick bottomed pan.
3. Add melted butter to the burnt sugar, mix well using a whisk, turn to caramel and boil for 1 minute
4.. Separately beat the egg and 150g sugar together
5. Place white chocolate into a large bowl
6. Pour the caramel mixture over the white chocolate and whisk
7. Add the beaten eggs and fold in the flour
8. Allow the caramel mix to cool
9. Use a table spoon to spoon to half fill the small buttered 6x5cm soufflé moulds.
10. Cook at 190 0C / 375 0 F gas mark 5 for 10 minutes until the top of the mix is just set
11. Leave to rest for 1 minute before turning out of the mould.
12. Serve immediately to ensure the centre in soft and runny
13. We serve it on British made crockery from the Dudson evolution range