Red lentils, split 500g
Okra, sliced 50g
Big green chile, seeded & sliced 200g
Tomato, diced 200g
Onion, white, medium, diced 111g
Garlic, peeled, minced 13.6g (3 cloves)
Mustard seed 1.5g
Cumin seed 1.5g
Extra virgin olive oil 12g
Liquid aminos 6ml
Baby spinach 100g
Day-old cooked quinoa 100g
1. In a large pot bring the lentils, onion and water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
2. While lentils come to boil, in a separate pan, heat the mustard seed & cumin seed, and garlic until the garlic is cooked but not brown.
3. Add the spice mix and oil into the lentil pot along with the diced tomatoes.
4. Simmer 30 minutes.
5. Add the okra and green chile and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Season with tamari and liquid aminos to taste and serve with baby spinach and day-old quinoa.
Visit MANA!’s website